“We can all gain more insights and improve the world around us.” Darshan Mehta
Regardless of the kind of business you are involved in, information is always essential for the decisions that you make. Research helps businesses gain better insights about their markets as well as provide answers to various business problems. Darshan Mehta has a passion for finding solutions for problems, and says that it all starts with having conversations that reveal insights.
Darshan Mehta is the Founder of iResearch.com – an insights platform to quickly and affordably extract insights from consumers worldwide, and ConnectQik.com – an app for instant connections and engaging interactions. In 2021, he plans to launch Big Mango Startup Hub in collaboration with King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi in Bangkok, Thailand.
In addition to his roles at iResearch and ConnectQik, Mr. Mehta has taught at The George Washington University in Washington D.C., at the University of Gothenburg in Sweden, at Thammasat University in Thailand, at Sciences Po in France and the Franklin University in Switzerland.
Darshan’s book, Getting to Aha! — Why Today’s Insights are Tomorrow’s Facts — explores the nature of insights: what they are, how to uncover them, and how to use them to drive innovation and audience engagement.
In today’s episode, Darshan talks about the benefits of research and especially focus groups, as well as how his companies are helping people become more insightful.
Book link: https://amzn.to/38I8tWb
- I like identifying the problem, because once you know the problem, then you can start working on the solution.
- My love for solutions eventually led me to management consulting, and I’ve been doing it for over 20 years.
- Research is structured curiosity and involves delving deeper into learning about what’s really going on or what’s driving something.
- Of the two ways to do research which are either surveys or focus groups, I found that there is really great value in the latter.
- There’s insights all around us, and if you can tap into it before your competitors you get to have an advantage and a leg up to differentiate and be successful.
- Business is all about making strategic business decisions that minimize risk, and businesses really exist as long as your customers value what you’re offering and are willing to pay for it.
- There’s so many ways to differentiate, and that’s the benefit of having these kind of conversations with your customers.
- If a brand builds brand equity through other means other than at the point of purchase, then that will differentiate from the pricing and even the positioning.
- One of the expensive things in research is focus groups because it’s time consuming and expensive.
- The aim of iResearch.com is make it focus group research more affordable, easy and powerful by doing it online, anytime, anywhere, and in any language.
- ConnectQik allows you to create your own personalized QR code which people can scan it and get your customized contact instead of issuing business cards.
- It has three different profiles in your contacts which includes business, personal and custom, and this enables you to decide, based on who you’re meeting, which profile you want to share.
- Once you’re in connection with your contacts, if you update your contact information, it will automatically be updated on their phone as long as they’re ConnectQik.
- It really is more about the input of the information and not necessarily giving it.
- Commercial break
- In my book, I talk about trends giving lots of examples on what businesses have done well, and not so well, and what people can learn from them.
- The book is about trying to get you to think a little bit differently, and to pursue having more conversations with your customers and staff.
- Companies that are constantly seeking insights and innovating on a regular basis, as well as meeting the needs of their customers, have their employees more energized, and engaged.
- If you can get your frontline people to be closer to customers, you will gain more insights, and it becomes a loop that kind of feeds itself.
- In my podcast, I invite guests on and try to have an aha moment with them in our conversations that we can share with the audience.
- Insights help people understand the underlying motivator or trigger that’s really driving a need, and once they understand that, they’re going to be in a better position to meet those needs.
- We can all gain more insights and improve the world around us
Do you want to be a go to expert that news reporters, anchors and media producers turn to? Are you a media professional looking for credible, reliable and timely guests? Shock Your Media Potential is here for you.
Shock Your Media Potential is a one of a kind platform that connects vetted experts with news professionals around the globe.
As part of the launch of the platform, CEO Michael Sherlock, along with co-host Eddie Luisi, stage manager for Good Morning America, have interviewed 25 media personalities and professionals to ask them the questions you need to know the answers to in order to become more newsworthy, pitch your story better, and get invited back again and again, and much more. Some of their guests are household names, with exceptional on-camera careers. Others are award-winning directors, producers, camera operators, audio engineers, celebrity hair and makeup professionals, and so much more.
To learn more about our platform and our conference today, go to https://www.shockyourmediapotential.com