“Unless you acknowledge the storm you are in; you are not going to appreciate the rainbow.” ~ Joree Rose
Who would you be if you were not afraid? Whose voice is talking to you, keeping you from being all that you are capable of? Our guest today can help you with these questions and more, and challenges us all to realize that the only way out, is through.
In this episode we talk about showing up as our whole self to others, asking tough questions that lead to deep insight like “Who would you be in you weren’t afraid?” and “Whose voice are you hearing?” We also talk about how strong emotion actually shuts down your executive function, and how that impacts you at all levels.
Joree Rose, MA, LMFT, is a licensed marriage and family therapist, mindfulness and meditation teacher, coach, author, speaker, and she also leads mindfulness retreats around the world. Joree has helped thousands of people to live happier and more fulfilling lives through living with greater awareness and compassion, allowing them to decrease their stress, anxiety and shed unhealthy habits, patterns and mindsets. Joree is host of the podcast ‘Journey Forward® with Joree Rose’ and has authored the newly released A Year of Gratitude, Daily Moments of Reflection, Grace and Thanks as well as 2 mindfulness books, Squirmy Learns to be Mindful and Mindfulness, It’s Elementary.
To learn more, get access to freebies and online courses, or to work with Joree, visit
- I am a marriage and family therapist and the focus of my work is mindfulness. [02:45]
- Even though I had a life I’ve always wanted, I cultivated the exact life I wanted. [03:27]
- I was doing what was next in an effort to create safety and security because I was raised with a lot of family trauma. [04:04]
- It wasn’t until mindfulness found me that I learned to slow down, learned to get out of my head, I learned to drop into my body and begin to trust that inner wisdom and my gut. [04:39]
- And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was greater that the risk to blossom. [05:06]
- You got to Breathe because if you breathe it will calm your brain and your body. [14:23]
- How do I accept what I don’t like? Not like it doesn’t make it go away, not liking it only makes your reaction to bigger. [16:17]
- The ABCs of mindfulness are Awareness, Breathe and the last one is Choice. [16:43]
- Commercial Top Dog Learning Group LLC. [18:25]
- When we are in survival mode, we just do what we have to do without even really thinking we doing it. [23:06]
- The more we fight it the stronger our reaction will be to it. [24:52]
- I like to define compassion as empathy plus action. [25:08]
- To have self-compassion and think out of it, is to simply acknowledge to yourself that this is really hard right now. [26:12]
- When you can give yourself that moment to pause and consciously inhale and exhale even if you don’t think it’s going to help you, it will calm your mind and help you manage whatever. [31:45]
TopDog Learning Group, LLC is a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, FL, USA but with “TopDoggers” (aka consultants) throughout North America and beyond.
They focus on training programs (both virtual and face-to-face), keynotes and “lunch and learns,” group and 1:1 coaching, and off-the-shelf solutions.
One such solution is their Masterclass on The Top 3 Strategies to be Resilient in Times of Change.
This thoughtful self-paced online training will guide you through three tactics you can immediately use to—not just survive—but thrive when change comes at you.
Use the code RESIL50OFF for 50% off the program! Just go to https://bit.ly/3a5mIS6 and enter the code RESIL50OFF, in all capitals, to redeem your 50% off coupon. The link and code will be available in our show notes for easy access.
Learn more today at https://topdoglearning.learningworlds.com/