“Think about your blessings, focus on them. Everything old is new again.” – Joyce Fields
Born in Detroit, Michigan, Joyce is a retired Executive Assistant and now resides in Arcadia, California. She started her career as a stenographer at a major utility company. Joyce and her husband celebrated 53 years of marriage on June 3, 2020. They have two grown sons, eight grandchildren, four great-grandchildren. She and her husband have been together for more than 63 years–since they were both 13 years old. Joyce is the author of 10 books, mostly non-fiction, and she is also a professional proofreader. Her mission statement is: “I write books that inspire people on their journey to make the world a better place.”
Her books are available at GoodShortBooks.com and Amazon.com.
Listen In !!
- I wanted to capture the way our parents raised us. [03:10]
- What I remember most was the calmness of our home. [04:13]
- The recipes are in there because food had always been a very important part of our family. [05:42]
- If somebody did something wrong, we fix it, we talk about it instead of yelling at each other. [12:29]
- Both my parents transferred all these virtues to all their children. [15:15]
- Commercial Top Dog Learning Group LLC. [16:45]
- What advice would you give to people who are struggling, suffering with fear from the pandemic, they ‘ve lost their jobs or they are in high points of stress? [18:45]
- It’s not to beat yourself up, it’s to straighten yourself out. [20:51]
- There is nothing wrong with making mistakes, what’s wrong is if you don’t own up to them. [20:56]
- Integrity; doing the right thing when nobody is looking. [21:13]
- Do unto other as you would have them do unto you. [21:33]
- The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. [24:23]
- My saying is I am too blessed to be stressed. [25:47]
- Think about your blessings, focus on them. Everything old is new again. [26:00]
TopDog Learning Group, LLC is a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, FL, USA but with “TopDoggers” (aka consultants) throughout North America and beyond.
They focus on training programs (both virtual and face-to-face), keynotes and “lunch and learns,” group and 1:1 coaching, and off-the-shelf solutions.
One such solution is their Masterclass on The Top 3 Strategies to be Resilient in Times of Change.
This thoughtful self-paced online training will guide you through three tactics you can immediately use to—not just survive—but thrive when change comes at you.
Use the code RESIL50OFF for 50% off the program! Just go to https://bit.ly/3a5mIS6 and enter the code RESIL50OFF, in all capitals, to redeem your 50% off coupon. The link and code will be available in our show notes for easy access.
Learn more today at https://topdoglearning.learningworlds.com/