“Your thoughts need to be your cheering squad not your hecklers.” ~ Ora Nadrich
The moments of our lives are opportunities to learn something valuable about ourselves, although we often take them for granted and waste them on negative, unproductive thoughts. Our guest today offers us another solution, specifically via the medium of mindfulness.
Ora Nadrich is founder and president of the Institute for Transformational Thinking and author of Live True: A Mindfulness Guide to Authenticity. A certified life coach and mindfulness teacher, she specializes in transformational thinking, self-discovery, and mentoring new coaches as they develop their careers.
- My work is really essentially about present moment awareness. [04:02]
- If we changed our lives one thought at a time imagine the change, we would create in the world. [04:50]
- Mindfulness is the practice of being present and awake in the moment which you are in. [08:32]
- There is so much power in that, that I can pick and choose. [10:23]
- Your thoughts need to be your cheering squad not your hecklers. They need to be helping you. [14:50]
- Commercial Top Dog Learning Group LLC. [18:02]
- Mindfulness is really the awareness of what can I do right now that is going to help me. [21:41]
- When you catch yourself going into the future or lamenting about the past, catch yourself and bring yourself back into the moment and ask yourself what can I do right now that is going to help me. [24:15]
- I have found myself many times in the last year quoting the serenity prayer. [25:05]
- Self-care also involves sometimes switching off your TV and unplugging from social media at time. [33:50]
- Nighttime is a time to start to bring the energy into a much calmer frequency. [35:28]
- Start today with an awareness of your inner dialogue. Keep it positive and supportive of your well-being. [36:15]
- When a thought comes up and tries to take you out of the moment, gently if you can, bring yourself back into the present moment and tell yourself something positive, loving and nurturing. [36:25]
TopDog Learning Group, LLC is a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, FL, USA but with “TopDoggers” (aka consultants) throughout North America and beyond.
They focus on training programs (both virtual and face-to-face), keynotes and “lunch and learns,” group and 1:1 coaching, and off-the-shelf solutions.
One such solution is their Masterclass on The Top 3 Strategies to be Resilient in Times of Change.
This thoughtful self-paced online training will guide you through three tactics you can immediately use to—not just survive—but thrive when change comes at you.
Use the code RESIL50OFF for 50% off the program! Just go to https://bit.ly/3a5mIS6 and enter the code RESIL50OFF, in all capitals, to redeem your 50% off coupon. The link and code will be available in our show notes for easy access.
Learn more today at https://topdoglearning.learningworlds.com/