“We all come from love, everything we see comes from love.” ~ Laurie Herbers
Anyone who has suffered trauma knows that it can follow you through life and emerges in many ways over time. Our guest today knows that all too personally, and finally found, not only peace, but purpose.
In this episode we talk about the lasting effects of wounds on our souls and the healing property of returning to and revisiting those traumas to replace the horrible memories with pearls of love. Laurie reminds us that every piece of our journeys is beautiful, even the painful ones. She now knows that fear means that something good will come.
Laurie Herbers is an Empowerment Coach and Author. In her youth she struggled in abuse and trauma, carrying the pain forth into adulthood. Hating life was her home and daily struggle until the day she decided to change her thoughts and beliefs and pursued love with a fervor that superseded everything else. Now her mission is to guide over a million individuals into the fullness of love so they can pursue their purpose with passion and love.
Her recent book is Second Chances: How I Turned Hate into Love and Found My Purpose.
Laurie Herbers (@soullovelegacy) • Instagram photos and videos
Soul Love Legacy- Embracing the Call of Love | Facebook
- The heart of a lot of our struggles personally and professionally is some other lingering stuff that affects how we feel. [03:01]
- We all come from love, everything we see comes from love. [04:39]
- That is what helps people understand is that they can love themselves. Every piece of your journey is beautiful. [05:29]
- It’s a twofold, not only to help them understand their own triggers, thought and emotions but to get to that place called the fullness of love. [06:45]
- It wasn’t until I embraced all of my journey as beautiful because it got me here. [07:30]
- When you get stuck in those feelings of unworthiness it’s hard to step back in. [10:02]
- You have to literally consciously choose. [10:35]
- Those tiny baby steps are moving you somewhere. [11:06]
- You have to understand that you gain strength as you clear and sort. [14:22]
- Commercial Top Dog Learning Group LLC. [15:51]
- We are talking about diving down into ourselves and understanding some of our traumas. [17:04]
- We forget that people’s perceptions aren’t ours. [18:15]
- Love is forgiveness and acceptance towards others. [19:24]
- Sometimes people do and say things to us that really have nothing to do with what they believe in us, they just do not know how to do different. [21:51]
- You do not have to excuse the actions but you can learn to let go of their actions. [23:08]
- That symbolic act of saying I choose not to have this be a part of me anymore if you really believe that it could be very powerful. [24:58]
TopDog Learning Group, LLC is a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, FL, USA but with “TopDoggers” (aka consultants) throughout North America and beyond.
They focus on training programs (both virtual and face-to-face), keynotes and “lunch and learns,” group and 1:1 coaching, and off-the-shelf solutions.
One such solution is their Masterclass on The Top 3 Strategies to be Resilient in Times of Change.
This thoughtful self-paced online training will guide you through three tactics you can immediately use to—not just survive—but thrive when change comes at you.
Use the code RESIL50OFF for 50% off the program! Just go to https://bit.ly/3a5mIS6 and enter the code RESIL50OFF, in all capitals, to redeem your 50% off coupon. The link and code will be available in our show notes for easy access.
Learn more today at https://topdoglearning.learningworlds.com/