Our guest today shares his compelling story of transition from the Army to homelessness and now to his true calling as the Founder of Veteran Rescue Mission.
Paster Jon McLane joined the Army at 18, right after 9/11, and was sent directly to Iraq. As a 4th generation military member, Jon felt that he initially transitioned easily from military to civilian life. But 5 years later he experienced a mental break which lead to homelessness, and in those years, he also found that he could help other vets while also helping himself.
Today Jon runs a tiny house village and transition center for veterans to help connect them with housing. Listen in to his story today!
Find Jon on his Social Media
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jon-mclane-29497b30/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OccupyOurLand
- FB: https://www.facebook.com/Jon.McLane.for.Tucson
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jonmclane/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/OccupyPublicLand