“You can create this program inside you, that the external world responds to automatically.” Glenn Harrold
Considering the unending uncertainties and challenges that are presently experienced in the world, people are constantly looking for ways in which they can cope with the resulting discomforts in their life. Glenn Harrold has been helping people to tap into their potential for years by guiding them to tap into their unconscious and deal with their pain points through hypnotherapy and meditation.
Glenn Harrold is an author, musician and experienced clinical hypnotherapist who has helped thousands of clients over a wide range of stress related problems. His unique and highly effective series of professional hypnosis and meditation recordings have sold over 10 million and are one of the world best-selling self-help audio ranges.
Glenn has written 7 self-help books for Orion in the UK and McGraw Hill in the USA and has produced 100 hypnosis and meditation audios for BBC audiobooks, Orion and his own company Diviniti Publishing Ltd. Orion re-issued Glenn’s first four books in January 2019.
Glenn has 20 years’ experience as a clinical hypnotherapist in one to one therapy sessions, and in recent years he has worked with many high profile and celebrity clients. In May 2011 he was made a fellow of the British School of Clinical Hypnosis for his achievements in the world of hypnotherapy. Prior to this Glenn’s best-selling hypnosis CD Complete Relaxation was awarded a gold disc by Nielsen book Data for sales of over £250,000. He is the only self-help author ever to receive this prestigious award.
In recent years, Glenn’s Relax & Sleep Well App has become one of the world’s biggest grossing self-help Apps and has been downloaded over 3 million times. It has been number one in the lifestyle chart in over 50 countries and reached number 5 in the USA. On the Meditation App, Insight Timer, Glenn is the fourth most popular author out of thousands and his meditations have been listened to over 6 million times.
Glenn has appeared on BBC TV, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio Five Live, Sky Sports, Channel 4 and in many British newspapers and magazine articles. He now happily resides in Portugal with his family and primarily uses Skype to work with clients and record interviews.
In today’s episode, Glenn talks about his journey to becoming a hypnotherapist, and how he helps his people find purpose and growth in life.
Social Media Handles;
- I learnt to take people down the path of relaxation from seeing so many clients one to one.
- The first thing you do in hypnotherapy setting is to build rapport, which makes people feel comfortable, and therefore respond to the hypnosis much better.
- I use affirmations which I deliver at a certain point in the recording, and also use sound frequencies to make the recordings enjoyable to listen to, and experiential.
- I’ve made the recordings over a 20-year period and they’ve changed over time, and now I generalize the recordings and make them work for the majority.
- There are times I’ve re-recorded an old recording, and then people write in and ask for the original because they feel connected with it.
- When I make recordings, I totally believe in what I’m saying and what I’m delivering.
- You just have to be right for this job, because if you’re in the right place, you get that ability to be able to help others.
- I saw a stage hypnotist doing his thing and I saw something in it in that moment, and that’s what sparked my interest then went off and learned the therapeutic side.
- I never intentionally started to make recordings for any kind of business plan. I did it for a client who asked me for a recorded session.
- I started recording more tapes and sold them off to stores and it took off very quickly.
- I was meditating and doing affirmations about being in the right place at the right time, and my unconscious mind my conscious mind, were working in perfect synergy.
- I got a call from Nielsen book data and they said that I could have a gold disc for my title, because I had sold a quarter of a million pounds’ worth, and I got a gold disc.
- I then realized I could use that as leverage promotional thing and I put that out there on all social media which led to BBC offering me a deal for all of my recordings.
- All the time I was working on my unconscious to clear away any negative failure programming because without doing that, it would have been much harder and I wouldn’t have got this far.
- Commercial break
- You can create this program inside you, that the external world responds to automatically.
- If you take on board these affirmations and these beliefs on a deep level, the world responds to you and is incredible.
- This life is an amazing opportunity to grow and heal our Karma and awaken, and naturally, looking inside and meditation is the way to find that.
- A lot of my work is about helping people who are stuck, to move forward and work on themselves and go for the delayed gratification instead of the short term pleasure.
- Look at the influences in your life and do not be afraid to cut ties when people are holding you back or lowering your energy.
- Focus on creating your own safe place through a daily meditative practice and nurture yourself.
Do you want to be a go to expert that news reporters, anchors and media producers turn to? Are you a media professional looking for credible, reliable and timely guests? Shock Your Media Potential is here for you.
Shock Your Media Potential is a one of a kind platform that connects vetted experts with news professionals around the globe.
As part of the launch of the platform, CEO Michael Sherlock, along with co-host Eddie Luisi, stage manager for Good Morning America, have interviewed 25 media personalities and professionals to ask them the questions you need to know the answers to in order to become more newsworthy, pitch your story better, and get invited back again and again, and much more. Some of their guests are household names, with exceptional on-camera careers. Others are award-winning directors, producers, camera operators, audio engineers, celebrity hair and makeup professionals, and so much more.
To learn more about our platform and our conference today, go to https://www.shockyourmediapotential.com