“The spoken word is wonderful, but the written word just has the staying power that is hard to beat.” Cathy Fyock
Do you have a gut feeling that you should write a book but do not know where to begin?
Whatever reasons you may have to want to write a book, it is important that you get to do it right as it could be life changing not only to you, but to your audience as well. According to our guest today, Cathy Fyock, anyone can learn to write a book, and is one way in which people can use to leave a mark in their respective spaces.
Cathy Fyock, CSP, SPHR, SHRM-SCP is The Business Book Strategist and works with professionals and thought leaders who want to write a book as a business development strategy. She is the author of eleven books, including—On Your Mark: From First Word to First Draft in Six Weeks, Blog2Book: Repurposing Content to Discover the Book You’ve Already Written, and with coauthor Lois Creamer, The Speaker Author: Sell More Books and Book More Speeches. Her book, Authority, is an anthology about the power of authorship and was a Wall Street Journal bestseller. Her newest book is My New Book: The Upcoming Message that will Change the World.
Since beginning her business in 2014, she has helped over 200 professionals become published authors. She believes that we all have a purpose, and that our stories are the way in which we share our truth with others. She is certain that authors can and do change the world, one word at a time.
In today’s episode, Cathy talks about her passion for helping people who want to be authors go through the process seamlessly. She also talks about her guide book for authors and the motivation behind writing it.
Social Media Handles
- I’m a big believer in the power of a book.
- Writing a book is hard and a lot of work because it means distilling all of your thought leadership into something that’s cohesive, focused and really sharp.
- When I started as an HR consultant, speaker and trainer, I wrote to establish my thought leadership and differentiate myself from the pack to grow my business.
- A book can absolutely move you into new territory, help you claim your thought leadership in an area that you hadn’t been able to claim before.
- I have a group coaching component which gives people writing exercises, the camaraderie and community.
- I also have a one on one coaching program that goes for six months which guides folks through the process of writing.
- I also have writing retreats, which is a great way for super busy people to have dedicated writing time, and has community elements, direction and guidance.
- Commercial break
- I’ve learned is that there are going to be people out there who all they need is the book, but there are others who will need extra level of guidance after reading my book.
- I work with the people that need to work with me, and then the rest can find the secret sauce in my book.
- I believe that the process of writing actually changes you and that you become a different person where you step into more of who you were meant to be.
- As a book coach I don’t just write books randomly and just hope that they do something for the business, I always have to be very strategic.
- I use my work book now with my new coaching clients, and has therefore become an integral part of my business.
- The spoken word is wonderful, but the written word just has the staying power that is hard to beat.
- Go out there and make your mark, I really believe that you will make your mark when you write your book.
Do you want to be a go to expert that news reporters, anchors and media producers turn to? Are you a media professional looking for credible, reliable and timely guests? Shock Your Media Potential is here for you.
Shock Your Media Potential is a one of a kind platform that connects vetted experts with news professionals around the globe.
As part of the launch of the platform, CEO Michael Sherlock, along with co-host Eddie Luisi, stage manager for Good Morning America, have interviewed 25 media personalities and professionals to ask them the questions you need to know the answers to in order to become more newsworthy, pitch your story better, and get invited back again and again, and much more. Some of their guests are household names, with exceptional on-camera careers. Others are award-winning directors, producers, camera operators, audio engineers, celebrity hair and makeup professionals, and so much more.
To learn more about our platform and our conference today, go to https://www.shockyourmediapotential.com