“Let’s all travel together.” ~ Kevin Albin
Kevin Albin was a police officer in the UK for 25 years during which he served on a tactical firearms team and worked as a hostage negotiator. He then retrained as an International Mountain Leader, and has worked around the globe guiding on trekking trips and leading expeditions in conservation.
In 2011, he won the bronze in the World Guide Awards.
Being unable to travel and work overseas during the pandemic, he wrote and published a Eco-fiction novel, Stonechild, where the statues of London come to life with a message on saving the planet. He currently lives in France.
- One day I woke up and the police uniform just didn’t fit any longer. [02:51]
- It took me about 7 years in total and I started off working with young adults between 16 years to 21 years. [04:05]
- I took them overseas to some distant land and they would have an experience for a month being away from home and their parents. [04:17]
- When you take someone out of their comfort zone and put them in what they perceive as a hostile environment they become very attentive and therefore they are ready to learn. [05:00]
- What I found is that on these trips I was meeting wonderful people and they were coming out with their life stories. It was a form of counselling. [06:33]
- In fact, I am a very energetic person and I don’t sit still at all and my outlet was the book, ‘Stonechild’. [08:55]
- Did you feel when you were in those moments yes you were a guide but did you feel like this is also part of why you became a police officer? [11:46]
- The last two years of my police career I was seconded to a youth service. [12:26]
- Murders are up 30% and they are mostly young kids that are shooting each other and nobody really knows why. [15:01]
- The pandemic is showing us that it doesn’t matter how rich you are, what lifestyle or how modern your lifestyle is or what conveniences you have, you can get sick and die like anyone else wherever it is. That is a real leveler. [16:45]
- Let’s all travel together. [17:24]
- The statue of Churchill explains that it’s like connecting the dead world with the live world through the embodiment of the statues. [18:55]
- Commercial &Marketing U. [20:59]
- If you would pick one place for everyone to go, where would you pick? [24:07]
- In the forest and around the forest there are still local tribes people living fairly traditionally. [26:42]
- The reason for urging people to go there apart from the fact that it’s very beautiful is that it is an example of what people are trying to do in order to preserve rain forests and preserve the biodiversity. [27:12]
- When the world starts again if somebody wants to go there what is the best way for them to start considering going. [28:40]
- I have worked very closely with a company called Sticky Rice Travel which has a very professional outfit and they have been there for a long time. [29:15]
- I urge everyone to take stock and look at where the world is at the moment, this had arrived because of the lack of biodiversity, because of what we are doing to the planet, because of the way the planet is changing. [31:00]
- Pick out what interests you and then see how you can make a difference. [31:24]
- Get back in with nature. [32:01]
Thank you to our June Sponsors: &Marketing U
Solopreneurs and small businesses often struggle to create effective digital marketing programs. It’s hard to know where to start, what to prioritize, how to sift through confusing information and solutions that seem too good to be true. Agencies and full-time marketing employees are expensive!
&Marketing U is a modern marketing course with all the tools, education, and accountability you need to grow your business without that extra set of hands or high overhead costs. You will learn exactly what you need to do to execute a concrete marketing strategy by dedicating just 2-4 hours per week.
&Marketing U will help you execute: Strategy, Messaging, Content Marketing, SEO, Social Media, Paid Digital Advertising, and more. You’ll have access to on-demand resources, live courses, group coaching sessions, community forums and networking, plus the exact templates and tools you need for success.
Our CPO took this course and one of the biggest benefits we gained was developing a competitive strategy that aligned our social media playbook and website to generate highly qualified leads.
For all the tools, education, and accountability you need to grow your small business at a fraction of the cost of hiring a traditional agency or additional employees, go to: www.and-marketing.com/u, and use the code SHOCK to receive 10% off any program!