“To have your own rules you have to be really good at what you do and have confidence in it and not give up on it.” Lee Caraher
Communication is often one of the core functions of top performing organizations. Understanding how to communicate effectively and what to say is important for the performance and sustainability of businesses. Our guest today, Lee Caraher, is a communication strategists and believes that communication is everyone’s job, and not only top management.
Lee Caraher is the CEO of Double Forte, a national independent PR/Communications agency. An acclaimed communication strategist, Lee is known for her practical solutions to big problems. She’s on a mission to help small businesses break through the noise and make a big impact. Lee has a reputation for building cohesive, high producing teams who have fun together at the same time and has authored two top-selling books about positive and profitable work culture.
She is a straight talker who doesn’t hold too many punches, although she does her best to be pleasant about it. Her big laugh and sense of humor have gotten her out of a lot of trouble.
Her company works with some of the top consumer lifestyle, digital life, technology and wine brands in the country. Double Forte’s “Get on The Map” service is a foundation-building program that helps small businesses and individuals build authority and visibility to drive business success. Working with Lee and her senior team, small businesses and entrepreneurs learn how to “Show Up” and “Level Up” their footprints and influence to compete and grow their businesses.
In today’s episode, Lee talks about her journey to becoming the acclaimed communication strategist she is today.
- I’m the president and founder of double forte which is a national Independent Public Relations strategic communications company. [3:41]
- We help our clients achieve their business goals through communication. [3:52]
- The biggest mistake companies can make is not make sure that they understand what marketing is and what it is not. [5:41]
- I want to build a business on actually helping people achieve their goals. [8:20]
- There’s no way in between for an agency to do it without the client doing their part, and if they’re unwilling to do it, no one can be successful. [9:45]
- I think communication is the heart of all things, and that what you say matters. [11:03]
- The thing about culture is that It’s a common story among us and that the behaviors you allow in your team have to be articulated. [11:27]
- The people we work with every day are the ones we spend most our time in relationship with and that’s where you need to actually overemphasize communication. [11:54]
- The job of communication is not just the leaders’ but everybody’s. [12:29]
- My two books are about how you create a culture of transparency that is built on relationship, which therefore has communication at the heart. [12:37
- You need to make sure you’re all speaking the same language because if you don’t, it all falls apart. [14:10]
- Commercial break [14:42]
- Two events that led me to start my own company but are my son having developmental disorders and my mom being diagnosed with stage four cancer. [17:28]
- I advise everybody to not define yourself by what you don’t want but rather define yourself with what you do want. [21:18]
- I think you do so much better work when you’re interested in what is around you. [22:50]
- I have learned that to have your own rules you have to be really good at what you do and have confidence in it and not give up on it. [23:45]
- My belief is that we should keep people with us as long as we possibly can if they are the right people. [27:47]
- The rules I put on who we work with apply to how we treat our people and that is transformational for my house. [28:58]
- The advice I would give my younger self would be, just do it yourself because you are good enough. [30:40]
- You can do something bigger than you think and you a bigger story to share with the world. [33:10]
Thank you to our January Sponsor: www.businessmiracles.com or Heather Dominic
Are you a highly sensitive individual? You can learn to be in charge of yourself physically, spiritually and financially in a way that honors your highly sensitive self.
Heather Dominic is the founder of Business miracles.com. and she’s been training highly sensitive entrepreneurs and leaders since 2010.
Whether you’ve been in business for years, or just starting out, learn how to be comfortable in your highly sensitive skin, to create your work and life to match who you truly are, so you can work less while making more impact and income.
Learn more: https://energyrich.isrefer.com/go/HSCC/SYP/