“All of our behaviors and outputs are really just our brains best way to try to get us to change our behavior to keep us safe.” ~ Elisabeth Kristof
Did you realize that your body is constantly speaking to you? Or do you sometimes ignore that small pain, that twitch, or ache because you think it isn’t important? Our guest today reminds us that if we ignore what are body is telling us, what it needs to tell us, then it will just send the message louder and louder until you can’t ignore it any longer. In this episode we learn Elisabeth’s story and her own journey toward healing. She helps us understand that if we are in protective mode, we can’t be in performance mode and that our bodies can be trained to re-regulate our nervous system.
Elisabeth Kristof is an expert in using applied neurology to move people out of pain, unwanted behavior, and stress response. She is the founder of Brain-Based Wellness, a revolutionary online platform that trains the nervous system and body to resolve old patterns, improve performance and increase well-being. Elisabeth is a certified applied neurology practitioner who has been in the fitness and movement industry since 2007. She works with entrepreneurs, athletes, leaders and creatives to improve resilience, manage stress and regulate emotions through intentional, science-based brain training. Her research and work with hundreds of clients taught her that healing and change must occur in both the body and the mind, that each body, mind, and nervous system is unique, and most importantly, that with the right tools, we are all capable of healing.
Receive two free weeks of membership of Brain-Based Wellness here: https://brainbased-wellness.com/podcast/
- I believe we all do the best we can at the level of our nervous system [03:38]
- My whole world was teaching mindful movement and mindfulness but at the same time I was really disconnected from my own body. [04:56]
- The very same week I discontinued my business partnership, my romantic partner was diagnosed with a very rare form of cancer. [09:34]
- I started to recognize the signals in myself of threat response that I saw in my clients when I was pushing them into threat response and training. [10:28]
- My partner also had a background of PTSD. [10:46]
- And I began to see myself in the books that I was reading about him. [11:17]
- Our body is always giving us these little signals; it speaks quietly at first, if it doesn’t get your attention it has to ramp up the volume and speak louder. [16:03]
- Most of us have been in a year at least of chronic stress during year 2020. [17:21]
- Too much stress for too long leads to a chronic dysregulated nervous system which causes disease and mental health issues. [20:20]
- Trauma is a physical physiological reaction, it not necessary an event. [22:02]
- Commercial Top Dog Learning Group LLC. [22:56]
- When do people start in that process and how do you help them to begin to unwind through this process? [24:40]
- Our brain always needs neural stimulus to keep growing and changing. [30:33]
- Visibility is an act of service. [32:19]
- Our brains and our nervous systems are super malleable; we are always changing depending on the stimulus that we are giving. [35:43]
- Our bodies are always adapting to whatever we are giving it. [35:54]
TopDog Learning Group, LLC is a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, FL, USA but with “TopDoggers” (aka consultants) throughout North America and beyond.
They focus on training programs (both virtual and face-to-face), keynotes and “lunch and learns,” group and 1:1 coaching, and off-the-shelf solutions.
One such solution is their Masterclass on The Top 3 Strategies to be Resilient in Times of Change.
This thoughtful self-paced online training will guide you through three tactics you can immediately use to—not just survive—but thrive when change comes at you.
Use the code RESIL50OFF for 50% off the program! Just go to https://bit.ly/3a5mIS6 and enter the code RESIL50OFF, in all capitals, to redeem your 50% off coupon. The link and code will be available in our show notes for easy access.
Learn more today at https://topdoglearning.learningworlds.com/