“When you get rid of the false then what’s true remains and that what you see within yourself.” ~ Lawrence Doochin
In this episode we learn about why it is so important to him to help others to understand the damage we cause ourselves when we are ruled by our fears. He also helps us to identify how even times that we might blame or judge others, that we are likely projecting our own blame and judgement out in an attempt to protect ourselves. If you have struggled with fear, guilt and/or shame, our gest today will help you to learn to deal with and release it.
This is a touching episode that will encourage you to embrace self-compassion.
Lawrence Doochin is an author, entrepreneur, and devoted husband and father. A survivor of harrowing childhood sexual abuse, he traveled a long journey of emotional and spiritual healing, and developed an in-depth understanding of how our beliefs create our reality.
In the business world, he has worked for or been associated with enterprises from small startups to multinational corporations. He is the cofounder of HUSO sound therapy, which delivers powerful healing benefits to individuals and professionals worldwide. In everything Lawrence does, he strives to serve a higher good. His new book is A Book on Fear: Feeling Safe in a Challenging World. https://amzn.to/3rFt4OY
- I had to go through a long healing process related to the experience and I learned a lot of tools in terms of understanding fear, dealing with it and being able to release it. [03:37]
- The problem with fear is that most people don’t recognize the extent of their fear. [04:54]
- I think it’s important for people to have compassion and meet people where they are at. [06:21]
- Most of us hold our childhood conditioning and that creates a lot of false beliefs in us and that leads to fear. [08:12]
- Projection is a very common phenomenal. We are usually not angry for the reasons we think. [08:56]
- The ability to reflect and self-reflect is so important to becoming a leader professionally but it’s absolutely important in becoming a better person in our own skin and in our own heads. [09:51]
- If you are less judgmental of yourself and more compassionate, you are going to be a much more effective business leader. [10:23]
- Look within yourself, most of your answers are already there, if you think you are all that you are probably not. [11:49]
- We each have our own baggage. [14:51]
- Commercial Top Dog Learning Group LLC. [15:00]
- I don’t think anybody chooses to be an expert on fear. [16:40]
- I do this because I want to be of service, I really find joy in being of service to others. [17:30]
- We have to recognize that our fear causes a lot of dysfunction in our lives. [19:35]
- Fear exists only in the past or the future. [21:04]
- Life is amazing and its holy and it’s also pretty hard sometimes. [24:54]
- It’s important to have self-compassion on yourself as you go through life and the process of healing. [25:00]
- Self-compassion is probably one of the most important things you can do for yourself. [25:08]
TopDog Learning Group, LLC is a leadership, change management, and diversity and inclusion consulting firm based in Orlando, FL, USA but with “TopDoggers” (aka consultants) throughout North America and beyond.
They focus on training programs (both virtual and face-to-face), keynotes and “lunch and learns,” group and 1:1 coaching, and off-the-shelf solutions.
One such solution is their Masterclass on The Top 3 Strategies to be Resilient in Times of Change.
This thoughtful self-paced online training will guide you through three tactics you can immediately use to—not just survive—but thrive when change comes at you.
Use the code RESIL50OFF for 50% off the program! Just go to https://bit.ly/3a5mIS6 and enter the code RESIL50OFF, in all capitals, to redeem your 50% off coupon. The link and code will be available in our show notes for easy access.
Learn more today at https://topdoglearning.learningworlds.com/