“Do not give up the gains of the past, but rather bring them forward into the future.” Nick Jankel
How can leaders embrace the lessons of the past, as well as inspire positive change for the future in their businesses and communities?
Considering the pace at which the word continues to evolve, transformational leadership is no longer an option but a necessity, especially for organizations that want to thrive and remain sustainable. Nick Jankel works with leaders to help them take charge of their businesses and notes on the importance of learning self and having control of the body and mind.
Nick Jankel is a thought leader whose ideas, tools and research are designed to take the pain out of transformation. He also uses it to blast through the barriers that block creativity and innovation, and instead unleash conscious changes in leadership in ways that bring less suffering, and more thriving into the spaces we touch.
Nick is co-founder of Switch On. He’s also the chief architect of a rigorous methodology and philosophy for transformation, the Switch On Way, which blends the latest neuroscience with timeless wisdom from great traditions. He’s used the Switch On Way to lead organizations as diverse as Novartis and Nike, as well as operated himself in different roles as a coach and presenter.
His latest book is called Now Lead the Change: Repurpose Your Career, Future-Proof Your Organization and Regenerate Our Crisis-Hit World By Mastering Transformational Leadership
In today’s episode, Nick task about his coaching business and the process towards adopting transformational leadership. He also shares his motivation for writing the book on transformational leadership, and how it can be useful in leadership.
Social Media Handles
Spiritual Atheist: A Quest to Unite Science and Wisdom into a Radical New Life Philosophy to Thrive in the Digital Age
Now Lead the Change: Repurpose Your Career, Future-Proof Your Organization and Regenerate Our Crisis-Hit World By Mastering Transformational Leadership
Become a Transformational Organization: Galvanize Agility Without Losing Stability to Survive and Thrive in the Digital Disrupted and Damaged World
Switch On: Unleash Your Creativity and Thrive with the New Science and Spirit of Breakthrough.
- My core business is called switch on, and we do innovation, leadership, coaching and some systemic change and architecture.
- We also have Future makers which is a sustainability consultancy and we work with large organizations that want to be net positive.
- I ran innovation training for clients which is basically creative leadership work, and that pulled me into leadership and coaching.
- The entire leadership movement of the last 20 years is really a response to management technologies, which were all about control and efficiency.
- The world is never going to be stable, consistent and clear and organizations need to figure out what they need to do to make sure they remain relevant.
- Sales is actually where emotional intelligence lives most acutely in an organization, and so there’s a lot from that world that is at the core of leadership.
- What we do is called transformational leadership, which is the ability to cause lasting positive change.
- I’m trying to get leaders to find a path for themselves and their organization by embracing all that makes a person human.
- The dilemma therefore is how to create full spectrum workplaces where we allow people to be humans, with all their flaws and fragilities and all their potential power, and still have boundaries.
- Great leaders are working out that for themselves because you can’t help others if you haven’t helped yourself.
- We generally haven’t been taught how to do boundaries, but we need to learn to create them.
- The mind and body is the most complex organizing system in the universe and people should spend time mastering it.
- Commercial break
- It seemed crazy that I would be talking about transformational leadership, and I hadn’t actually got a book about transformation.
- The book looks at your own leadership, purpose, and resilience. It then looks at leading your organization, and how well you hold on your organization.
- I use this book to do two things, communicate my take on transformational leadership, and also put across the seven principles of transformation.
- The book is not meant to solve all the problems, but it’s creates a map of the problems and where you might go for specifics within that.
- Do not give up the gains of the past, but rather bring them forward into the future.
Do you want to be a go to expert that news reporters, anchors and media producers turn to? Are you a media professional looking for credible, reliable and timely guests? Shock Your Media Potential is here for you.
Shock Your Media Potential is a one of a kind platform that connects vetted experts with news professionals around the globe.
As part of the launch of the platform, CEO Michael Sherlock, along with co-host Eddie Luisi, stage manager for Good Morning America, have interviewed 25 media personalities and professionals to ask them the questions you need to know the answers to in order to become more newsworthy, pitch your story better, and get invited back again and again, and much more. Some of their guests are household names, with exceptional on-camera careers. Others are award-winning directors, producers, camera operators, audio engineers, celebrity hair and makeup professionals, and so much more.
To learn more about our platform and our conference today, go to https://www.shockyourmediapotential.com