“Travelling was the best thing for my kids, they became really brave world citizens through travel” ~ Estee Gubbay
At a time when the world is experiencing a significant reduction in travel, Estee Gubbay believes that it may actually be the perfect time to create your long-term travel plan, and even better, grab the opportunity to live your dream of working while at the same time exploring the world through travel.
Estee Gubbay is a top travel advisor, TV correspondent and writer on world travel. She is the author of the bestselling book, “Your Travel Bucket List: The Ultimate Guide to Enrich Your Life with Great Adventures and Unforgettable Memories”. With more than twenty years of facilitating workshops on goal setting, self-care, and pursuing a life of balance and fulfillment, she uses her expertise to guide her clients through the process of creating their ideal travel bucket list and planning incredible trips. Estee is honored to be recognized as one of Condé Nast Traveler’s Top Travel Specialists of 2021
In today’s episode, we learn how our guest found her balance and fulfilment in travel, how to find that balance between work and leisure, and also get to know when is the right time to create your ideal travel bucket list. Estee will encourage us to start looking at travel from different lenses and integrate work with travel, explore the world and make lifetime memories.
Social Media Handles:
- I found my balance and fulfilment through travel, and therefore reorganized my business around what I was most passionate about. [2:35]
- A lot of us have our own businesses which have gone online so you can be a nomad and build your business from anywhere [5:00]
- It is really exciting to think about how we can incorporate more relaxation and enjoyment while we are doing what we are doing. [7:30]
- There are great ways to do it and you can do it from different pay points. In the US we have many great places to go, by car or by train which is a great way to isolate yourself from others and the cruise ships are also coming back [7:55]
- My retirement dream is to buy a condor cabin on a ship called ‘The World’. [10:55]
- If you were smart and had reserves to get you through this year, you have spent the entire year improving your business. [12:45]
- It is the same with the cruise ships and hotel industry who have done renovations, put in new policies and new practices for safety which are all making travel better now. [13:05]
- A lot of resorts have put together long term stay and work packages offering dedicated spaces to work and also child care and a tutor [14:42]
- From a business perspective I thought it was a smart decision because all I need are a few long-term lifelong clients [18:10]
- Writing a book is one of the best ways to give yourself expert status [19:00]
- Now that we are not travelling, this is the best time to sit down and really think about that bucket list. [20:05]
- The best way to do that is to think about what milestones are going to happen in your life and the people that you travel with because those are fantastic travel opportunities [20:30]
- You can start getting excited about those times now even if they are five years from now. [21:00]
- I work with many financial advisors because they want me to help their clients set a budget [22:20]
- Looking from a financial point or important occasion point, you can think about what you are able to do now and what you may not be able to do in future. [ 22:50]
- One of the best ways to travel is taking the multigenerational trips [26.08]
Thank you to our June Sponsor: &Marketing U
Solopreneurs and small businesses often struggle to create effective digital marketing programs. It’s hard to know where to start, what to prioritize, how to sift through confusing information and solutions that seem too good to be true. Agencies and full-time marketing employees are expensive!
&Marketing U is a modern marketing course with all the tools, education, and accountability you need to grow your business without that extra set of hands or high overhead costs. You will learn exactly what you need to do to execute a concrete marketing strategy by dedicating just 2-4 hours per week.
&Marketing U will help you execute: Strategy, Messaging, Content Marketing, SEO, Social Media, Paid Digital Advertising, and more. You’ll have access to on-demand resources, live courses, group coaching sessions, community forums and networking, plus the exact templates and tools you need for success.
Our CPO took this course and one of the biggest benefits we gained was developing a competitive strategy that aligned our social media playbook and website to generate highly qualified leads.
For all the tools, education, and accountability you need to grow your small business at a fraction of the cost of hiring a traditional agency or additional employees, go to: www.and-marketing.com/u, and use the code SHOCK to receive 10% off any program!