“Explore life in whatever form it takes, be curious, leave your comfort zone, and embrace courage in small and big ways, because you have amazing answers just waiting inside you.” Helen Yu
The path towards growth and prosperity is long, and sometimes difficult. Embracing the opportunities that life presents ensures that we not only become a better version of ourselves, but also propels us towards living a life of purpose. Helen Yu has been working with entrepreneurs to help them scale their businesses, and highlights the importance finding purpose for starting and running a business.
Helen Yu is the founder and CEO of Tigon Advisory and WSJ Best Selling Author. She drives growth for tech companies from start-ups to global titans like Oracle and Adobe, and helps CEOs achieve multibillion-dollar revenue growth and record profitability. She’s a board advisor to fast-growth SaaS companies and is on the board of the Global Cybersecurity Association. She’s a top Twitter influencer with a 10M+ weekly reach and was ranked a Top 10 thought leader by Thinkers 360, and a top 10 digital transformation influencer by IBM. She’s spoken at SXSW, TiECon, DMS, and Money2020.
An avid adventurer who trekked to Mt. Everest base camp and ice-climbed glaciers, her book Ascend Your Start-up: Conquer the 5 Disconnects to Accelerate Growth won first place at the New York book festival, Firebird award and first place in Entrepreneurship & Small Businesses at American book festival in addition to achieving WSJ Best Seller. Helen’s CXO Spice Talk podcast is named as the top 70 podcast to listen to in 2022.
In today’s episode, Helen talks about her career experiences that led her to living her purpose. She also shares the motivation behind writing her book.
Social Media Handles
- I enable global players to scale through people first framework because I’m passionate about the voice of customer when it comes to digital transformation.
- Growth does not happen by accident, and is not sustainable in any organizations where the culture is not a people culture.
- I was a financial analyst at a manufacturing company, but later got into tech and learnt how to code and design applications for the largest financial banks and insurance companies across the globe.
- The risk I took to get into tech was worth it because that was what got me to where I’m at today.
- I came to the US in 1991 to pursue education, and got my first job in the mailroom at a corporation.
- I got an opportunity and ended up going working for the same company as a Treasury Department.
- There are random opportunities that you have to seize and be bold enough to talk to people when they walk in.
- I always say network with people, when you are not in need of anything.
- Commercial break.
- My purpose in life is to tenfold other people’s success, and my book is about thinking about the framework for tech startups.
- It talks about the five functional fundamental growth disconnects that trap startups and keeps them from reaching the summit, and from touching the sky.
- I intended to empower founders and CEOs to self-reflect and grow as they progress and scale their business.
- I challenge clients and co-workers to be curious seeker, and this book helps people understand the questions to identify blind spots as they scale their business.
- The book is not just about business, but also about my experience climbing Mount Everest base camp to keep a secret that I promised my grandma to spread her ash there.
- When you’re a founder, you need to know why you start a business, and when you stick to that mission, your success rate is much bigger.
- Curiosity is a prerequisite for dreaming and is the rock of innovative thinking, and I inspire curiosity when I work with my customers.
- We as leaders, we can always help people to tap into their potential by encouraging and inspiring their curiosity.
- Explore life in whatever form it takes, be curious, leave your comfort zone, embrace courage in small and big ways, because you have amazing answers just waiting inside you.
Do you want to be a go to expert that news reporters, anchors and media producers turn to? Are you a media professional looking for credible, reliable and timely guests? Shock Your Media Potential is here for you.
Shock Your Media Potential is a one of a kind platform that connects vetted experts with news professionals around the globe.
As part of the launch of the platform, CEO Michael Sherlock, along with co-host Eddie Luisi, stage manager for Good Morning America, have interviewed 25 media personalities and professionals to ask them the questions you need to know the answers to in order to become more newsworthy, pitch your story better, and get invited back again and again, and much more. Some of their guests are household names, with exceptional on-camera careers. Others are award-winning directors, producers, camera operators, audio engineers, celebrity hair and makeup professionals, and so much more.
To learn more about our platform and our conference today, go to https://www.shockyourmediapotential.com